There is nothing that says ‘spotless clean office’ like ‘spotless clean restrooms’; equally, nothing says your commercial cleaning company provides quality service like the pristine restrooms in your office building. More often than desired, clients go into an office bathroom only to be greeted by nasty smells or very strong scents that clearly state that no care is being put into cleaning it effectively.
There is a process for cleaning an office bathroom effectively and professionally. For example, the cleaning staff has to study the restroom to identify where the odors come from in order to get rid of them.
Odors can come from many sources, for example from dirt, bacteria, and drains, among others. To keep odors under control, cleaners have to thoroughly clean and disinfect every surface in the bathroom; mopping every day will get the surface dirt off, but the cleaner may have to use a more aggressive method to get rid of the dirt that has penetrated the grout. The proper training of the cleaning staff will ensure bathrooms are correctly cleaned. A properly trained employee will get rid of the dirt you can see as well as of the one you can’t, he or she will know what cleaners and disinfectants to use and how to use them, contributing to solving the odor problem, instead of creating it.
The staff must recommend the best products to help keep the restrooms smelling fresh, like commode mats for urinals and toilets to avoid any urine from dripping on the floor and to diminish odors, and air fresheners with soft fragrances that are not offensive to the user.
After odors have been controlled, a bathroom is considered spotless clean if the following are met:
– Dispensers are free of spots and dust, and are correctly filled with the right supplies.
– All the trash is gone and a clean liner has been installed into the trashcan. The trash can’s outside has no stains, fingerprints, and dust.
– Toilets, urinals, and urinal screens have no soil, spots, stains, and urine or other fluids, on the inside and the outside.
– Sinks, fixtures, and drinking fountains have no water spots, stains, soap, and dirt around the base.
– Countertops and ledges have no soil and dust.
– Mirrors have no stains, fingerprints, water spots, streaks, and other residues.
– The bathroom floors have no dirt, hair, paper, gum, soil build-up, urine, and other fluids.
– Floor drain covers have no soil, lint, mop strings, and dirt.
– Ceiling vents have no dust, lint, and build-up.
– Partitions, doors, doorknobs, walls, and ceilings have no soil, stains, fingerprints, water spots, and graffiti.
The best way to ensure your commercial cleaning service is doing a superb job, besides checking their work personally after cleaning, is to be honest and see if you would be willing to use that bathroom yourself every single day. Everyone is extremely picky about the restrooms they use, and if you are certain that you would feel comfortable using your office’s public bathrooms this means they probably are spotless clean.
If you want your office restrooms to great a new customer of client in an inviting way give DBS Building Solutions® a call. We have offices is RI, MA, CT, and NJ. We will make sure that your customers feel comfortable in your restroom facilities.